Jenn Photo & Design

Welcome to IMAJENN...the blog of Jenn Photo & Design!

Jenn Photo & Design serves Northeast Wisconsin and Upper Michigan and can give you rockin' high school senior photographs, family photographs, couples pictures, killer band and musician photos, and just about anything else you can dream up!

Scroll down to read the rest of the blog, and email: jenn@jennphotodesign.com for more info!

Monday, December 1, 2008

Pretty Hair

McKenzie and I hit the stores on Friday and weaved our way through the SERIOUS crowds of people. Kenz stayed pretty quiet...it was early and crowded and she was tired. She mostly just sat in the cart, people watching.

I heard a big sigh while I was looking at DVD's. I looked at her and said "What's the matter?" She looks up...."I wish I had pretty hair." Anyone who has seen McKenzie knows that she has GORGEOUS curls...long, pretty blonde hair. But, most anyone with naturally curly hair knows, sometimes, they just want it to be straight. (Just like how I with my straight hair wish once in awhile I could hold a curl...hair can be a bummer.)

I assured her that she did indeed already HAVE pretty hair. She said "Yeah...but it's always messy. I want soft hair like you." Little sweet pea...

Later that night she asked me if I could straighten her hair. I don't know how she knew about straightening because she said she's never had it done before but we sat with our spray conditioner and our flat iron and chatted away while we straightened her hair.

We didn't flatten it completely but smoothed it out some and she was SO excited. Of course, we continued to reassure her that she is pretty WITH her curls too, but it was very cute to see her so stoked.

"Can you take a picture of me laughing?" she said. Sure can Kenz...here's our girl with her "pretty hair" cracking up for the camera.

xoxo


Hope everyone had a safe and happy Holiday weekend!

2 comments:

Jen Berry said...

i want that hair.
wait i want the smile and the eyes. great composition.

lisa said...

She's an absolute DOLL! I could see her modeling someday. (For real.)