Jenn Photo & Design

Welcome to IMAJENN...the blog of Jenn Photo & Design!

Jenn Photo & Design serves Northeast Wisconsin and Upper Michigan and can give you rockin' high school senior photographs, family photographs, couples pictures, killer band and musician photos, and just about anything else you can dream up!

Scroll down to read the rest of the blog, and email: jenn@jennphotodesign.com for more info!

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Winner #1: Kathy Lafave

Let me again say THANK YOU soooo much to EVERYONE that submitted an entry for the "Giving is Awesome" holiday giveaway. I had no way of anticipating how hard it would be to decide how any one person or family is more deserving than another. Absolutely, all the of the nominees were wonderful people who are all more than deserving of good things coming their way.

Let me share with you a little bit of the nomination letter I received regarding my first winner:

"Kathy Lafave and her family lost their home and nearly everything in it on Wednesday, December 10th 2008. Kathy is a single mother raising 3 children. Her son is a senior at Marinette High and he had just received his graduation photos 1 week before the fire. These were one of the many losses from the blaze. Kathy has two other daughters younger than her son. Along with the graduation photos lost were her family photos which carried a lot of history with them. I can't even imagine what it must be like to experience a house fire especially right before Christmas. "

Kathy, if you're reading this...Thank God you and your family are safe...but I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your home. I know that I cannot give you back all of your old family photos but I hope I can replace some of your sons graduation photos as well as give you some new family photos as a fresh start and a point to start rebuilding your life.

Kathy was very excited when I spoke with her and we are working together to set something up for early spring! I am excited to meet her and work with her family. Congratulations Kathy!

1 comment:

lisa said...

You're hella cool to do this! (But then , you were hella cool before this, too! ;-)