Jenn Photo & Design
Jenn Photo & Design serves Northeast Wisconsin and Upper Michigan and can give you rockin' high school senior photographs, family photographs, couples pictures, killer band and musician photos, and just about anything else you can dream up!
Scroll down to read the rest of the blog, and email: firstname.lastname@example.org for more info!
Monday, January 26, 2009
Saturday, January 24, 2009
Friday, January 16, 2009
Thursday, January 15, 2009
Anyway...working on a self-portrait tonight, so, should I be successful you'll have that to look forward to tomorrow!
Also, coming soon...new product offerings for my highschool seniors! I hope you'll be as stoked as I am!!
Until then, xoxo
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
The official blog name of JennPhoto&Design is now: IMAJENN (like Imagine...dig it?)
I've got an idea and I'm running with it. Don't even pretend like you don't like it because I'll know you're lying. :)
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Words mean something to me...so today, I will share some of my favorite quotes with you.
This is one of my all-time favorites. It's from an author who I really enjoy, although he's admittedley not for everyone. It very much reflects how I feel about my photography and my art though, so it struck a chord with me from the moment I read it.
The infinite wisdom of Bob Dylan's son, Jakob. Love it.
Something that really resonates with me and the point I'm at in my life right now...
This just makes me smile. A kid (well...young man...I think he was 18?) emailed this to me on what he didn't realize was one of the worst days of my life. He just thought I looked like I needed some cheering up. Well done, sir. I will never, ever forget this.
I'm a big promoter of two things...hope and peace. The first time I saw this quote I FELT it. What a powerful, powerful statement.
I have so many more, but these are a handful of my faves. Anyone else have some favorites to share? I'd love to hear them if you do!
Monday, January 12, 2009
Here is a little bit of Aiden's story from his journal on his Caring Bridge site:
"My name is Aiden Zadurski. I am a 3 year old boy from Marinette, Wisconsin. On May 29, 2008 I had my first ambulance ride with my Mom and that is where my journey begins. I was diagnosed with Pre-B Cell Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia on May 30, 2008."
To read more about Aiden, please visit his caring bridge site at www.caringbridge.org and type "aidenzadurski" in for the website name.
Aiden's mom Annie and I have spoken both via email and on the phone and we're both looking forward to a spring photo session for Aiden and his family. Aiden is adorable and sounds like a fighter! Keep him and his family in your good thoughts, as I will!
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
Anyone interested in tattoo work, let me know...I can put you in touch with one of my oldest and best friends ever. He is so talented!
Tuesday, January 6, 2009
I have chosen to participate in a self-exercise of setting and accomplishing goals. 101 in 1001 is the practice of setting 101 goals for yourself and giving yourself 1001 days to get all of them accomplished. There are websites with rules and forums and different people do things different ways, but this is my plan.
I have my list all ready to rock...101 in 1001. (You know me and my lists!!!)
I will post the list here, and will edit this post crossing things off as I accomplish them. I will also create a new post each time I conquer a goal, hopefully with a photo of my results! Fun, right? Fun AND fulfilling!
I hope others can take inspiration from this and create your own goal lists...whether it's 101 in 1001 or 1 a week or WHATEVER works for YOU!
That said...off we go!!!!
Start date: 01/07/2009 (tomorrow)
End date: 10/11/2011 (if anyone wants to check my math, please, feel free!)
101 IN 1001
1. Take the boys to Chuckie Cheese. -DONE!
2. Revamp my blog. -In Process
3. Redo my logo and make it something I can stick with for years to come! -In Process
4. Launch a new website.
5. Quit smoking…for good. -DONE!
6. Get back into my size 7’s (comfortably!) and STAY there for at least 6 consecutive months. (0/6)
7. Hang “peace” pictures of the kids in the living room.
8. Create and hang “photo strip” of Adam and I in our bedroom.
9. Print Luc a photo of himself doing something he loves. Hang it in his room.
10. Print Mikey a photo of himself doing something he loves. Hang it in his room.
11. Print Will a photo of himself doing something he loves. Hang it in his room.
12. Print McKenzie a photo of herself doing something she loves. Hang it in her room.
13. Finish McKenzie’s room.
14. Paint the kitchen.
15. Buy the kitchen prints I want from Etsy!
16. Paint the living room.
17. Replace the linoleum…all of it!
18. Buy a new mailbox and customize it.
19. Create a planter for the front porch.
20. Create a patio area in the back.
21. Get another puppy to keep our Mr. Oliver company. -DONE!
22. Make a paper crane garland for Christmas.
23. Organize my finances.
24. Buy new glasses that I LOVE! (Eye glasses we’re talking…) -DONE!
25. Make soap.
26. Write a short story for my kids.
27. Color my hair in some funky and fun way!!
28. Talk mom and Troy into getting their photo taken.
29. Take a STELLAR self portrait that I love!
30. Take a great photo of me with the boys.
31. Commission a photographer for killer family photos!
32. Design new marketing materials.
33. Find (and purchase) awesome eco-friendly packaging!
34. Paint the dining room/office and add ART!
35. Buy/Build the perfect desk/office area for myself.
36. Get a manicure!
37. Donate a photo session/photos next Christmas (2009)!
38. Finish the boys’ room.
39. Redo the kids’ bathroom in a fun theme!
40. Fence the back yard.
41. Paint the laundry room and add art!
42. Replace living room flooring.
43. Replace curtains in my bedroom.
44. Take the kids to the zoo.
45. Create a “day in the life” book of the boys.
46. Replace countertops and build a breakfast bar!
47. Drywall around the “chimney” and create my BUILT IN!!!
48. Replace the hideous ceiling fan with something…ANYTHING!
49. Attend a photography seminar.
50. Enroll in some kind of class.
51. Start collecting family recipes for a cookbook.
52. Get into a water drinking habit. LEARN TO LIKE WATER.
53. Get my Peace Dove tattoo.
54. Work on at least 6 of my concept photography ideas. (0/6)
55. Plant an herb garden.
56. Plant veggies outside with the kids. -DONE!
57. Build my “chess table” and put it under “my tree”.
58. Put my hammock up.
59. Paint a canvas for the living room.
60. Make a “Peace” canvas for my office.
61. Become debt free, except for the house payment.
62. Teach the boys their address and phone number.
63. Use my cookie press!
64. Get a Buddha and display him to remind me to focus.
65. Have a huge yard sale and get rid of STUFF. -DONE!
66. Travel WEST…California maybe?!
67. Travel EAST…show Adam the East coast and hope he loves it like I do!
68. Travel SOUTH…hit the beach and RELAX!
69. Enter a photography print competition.
70. Set up a system to keep track of clients.
71. Make a new recipe every day or night for one week. (0/7)
72. Buy a piano.
73. Start a photographer mentoring program for kids.
74. Redo the entry to the house with a bench and a place for the kids stuff.
75. Buy and hang at least 6 wind-chimes. (0/6)
76. Start my chess set collection and find myself a place to display them.
77. Get a cell phone…a nice one.
78. Convert to being a MAC USER!
79. Read at least four business books. (0/4)
80. Start a good image backup system for my photos.
81. Start bank accounts for the kids.
82. Upgrade my camera!
83. Get my “Truth” tattoo touched up and get something on the other wrist. -DONE!
84. Help plan a wedding.
85. Do a “master cleanse” type diet.
86. Do a fundraiser for “The Portrait House”
87. Design and print my own shirts, x10. (0/10)
88. Buy or build a swing-set/play-scape for the kids.
89. Get the boys their dirt bike. -DONE!
90. Get a vehicle I can fit ALL of us in!
91. When I have a nice vehicle, get a logo decal for the back window.
92. Don’t complain about ANYTHING for one full week. (0/7)
93. Revamp the back hallway with photos and art!
94. Go fishing.
95. Get Chuck Taylor’s in at least 5 colors! (0/5)
96. Learn to ride a dirt bike.
97. Bake real bread.
98. Pierce SOMETHING! ;)
99. Take (or have taken) some “Nancy Botwin” (in Season 4 of “Weeds”) photos taken!
100. Start journaling (not to be confused with blogging. Blogging is for EVERYONE. Journaling is just for me.)
101. Donate $5 to charity for every item that goes unconquered at the end of 1001 days!